Sleeping in the Bären in Gonten
“Heemelig schlafen” (“homey sleeping”), that’s what they say in Appenzell when you sleep very deeply and relaxed – just like in the Bären Gonten. In our 25 rooms, junior suites and family residences, guests bed their heads under an authentic hayloft.
With the feeling that the hay behind the glass is just spilling out, he rests in a comfortable box spring bed. Some of the boutique rooms in the over 400-year-old building still have the original ceiling height of 1.80 metres.
Of course, flat-screen TV, radio, free Internet access, safe and Appenzeller mineral and grander water are part of the basic equipment. A good rucksack is available for the hiker.
For each room in our hotel we have organised a Therapy AIR ION air cleaner device that meets the requirements of the ui-lab test mark. This confirms in particular the high separation efficiency of the filter stages used against the smallest particles such as fine dust, bacteria, moulds and viruses. Viruses are mainly those which are transmitted via droplet infections (e.g. SARS-CoV-, Covid 19).
Into the Green for free
For three nights or more, you will receive the Appenzell Holiday Card at no extra charge. With this card you can use public transport, cable cars, museums and other attractions free of cost.
Also included is free travel including luggage transport on public transport from anywhere in Switzerland.
ADMISSIONS & TICKETS
- Tarifverbund OSTWIND, free travel in 15 zones around Appenzell, valid in 2nd class public transport (see zone plan)
- PubliCar, free travel (excl. surcharge 5.-), Tel. +41 848 55 30 60
- Wasserauen – Ebenalp Cableway, 2 trips.
- Hoher Kasten revolving restaurant and cable car, 2 trips.
- Cable car Jakobsbad – Kronberg , 2 trips.
- Museum Appenzell, free entrance.
- Kunstmuseum Appenzell, free entrance.
- Kunsthalle Ziegelhütte, free entrance.
- Museum of Appenzeller Traditions, Urnäsch, free entrance.
- Appenzeller Volkskunde-Museum Stein, free entrance.
- Indoor Tennis Center Appenzell, one-time use, reservation tel. +41 71 788 30 77
- Appenzeller Schaukäserei Stein AR, free entrance to the show area.
- Appenzell glass plate, 1 glass plate, available at the Appenzeller cheese shop Salesis, Postplatz
- Flauderei Appenzell, 1 drink of your choice.
- Frischloft Coworking Space Appenzell, 1 day a free workstation tel.+41 78 410 37 67
- You will find the entire free offer of the Appenzeller Holiday Card here.
Golf in Gonten. Experience a romantic getaway at the Bären or simply make a refueling stop at our hotel. We always have special offers ready for you.
We warmly welcome our guests travelling alone in the boutique single room. It is equipped with fine materials and decorated in tasteful Appenzell design.
Couples and friends will feel really comfortable in our spacious boutique double rooms.
Double Room typical
If you are looking for the typical atmosphere of a more than 400 year old traditional house, this is the right place.
Double Room original
It is rare to find proven architecture and contemporary standards so harmoniously combined.
In our main building, which is declared a historic monument, you will find the spacious Junior Suites (with a ceiling height of 1.80 metres).
Boutique Double Room
Although our residence is 30 metres away, it has exactly the same modern Appenzell chic and comfort that makes the Bären so unique.
Boutique Family Room
In our residence 30 metres away, up to 4 people have their own little kingdom with two bedrooms.
In the Kronbergblick guesthouse you live elegantly with Appenzell charm.